Team Leader (Trainee Production Manager) - Wednesbury
We currently have exciting opportunities available at our Wednesbury site for a Team Leader (Trainee Production Manager) to join our friendly team.
As a Team Leader you will assume responsibility for the unit, supporting the Production Team in delivering an ever-improving customer service experience to our clients through the quality of our work. Responsible for the unit, you will act as liaison between colleagues on the plant floor and the Production Leader, assisting in building team work and engagement. You will ensure that colleagues faultlessly follow HSE guidelines and Elis policies and procedures at all times, and that the company operates in line with all legal requirements, including Health and Safety and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Monitor, record and report productivity levels daily.
• Monitor and, where necessary, escalate concerns re individual and/or team performance.
• Coach colleagues and support training with regards to, but not limited to, correct work flow, use of machinery and housekeeping.
• Ensure resourcing levels are stable at all times and able to meet the production requirements of laundering all pieces on time in full (OTIF).
• Continuously strive to improve effectiveness and efficiency across the unit, and enhance operational excellence.
• Work to ensure productivity, cost effectiveness, quality and service across the production process.
• Ensure that all work is carried out to the highest standards and Elis’s vision, strategy and values worked towards.
• Provide support to the Production Leader as required, ensuring a smooth effective daily completion of tasks.
Level 3 Team Leader Apprenticeship:
Whilst in your position as Team Leader you will also be working toward your level 3 Team Leader Apprenticeship. This will be supported with a Management Development Plan, with the viable prospect of a future career with Elis as a Production Manager. The apprenticeship will typically take 18 months to complete, although the exact duration will be largely dependent on your previous experience. During this period as an apprentice you will develop a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence in the position of Team Leader.
The aim of Elis Apprenticeships is to grow and create a range of key skills development programmes which are aligned to business needs. The apprenticeship programme will develop you and enable you to build skills and capability within our organisation, providing you the knowledge and competency required to be successful at Elis. Completion of the apprenticeship will see you gain, an industry designed apprenticeship, an industry recognised management diploma Level 3 and the option of professional registration with the relevant professional body.
What we are looking for
A demanding role, we are looking for self-motivated, dynamic individuals that thrive off challenge.
We are looking for those who can demonstrate a real passion and eagerness to begin, or continue, a career in Production. With excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate, individuals will be highly organised and able to prioritise. What is most important is that individuals are willing to move forward within production and have a demonstrable determination to succeed in doing such. The apprenticeship programme is designed to be robust, demanding and testing and so we are looking for someone who is eager for a challenge.